“The Piano Teacher” book reading and signing
Jan. 23 at 7:30 p.m.
Elliott Bay Book Company
101 S. Main St., Seattle
TO SCHEDULE AN INTERVIEW:
LUNAR NEW YEAR CONTEST
• Deadline for entries: Jan. 30
• Finalists will be announced: Feb. 12
• Winners will be announced: Feb. 19
Friday, Jan. 23
• Celebrate the Beginning of the Year of the Ox
Magnuson Community Center
7110 62nd Ave. N.E., Seattle
$15 per family
$5 per individual
• China Club of Seattle Dinner Meeting
424 Seventh Ave. S., Seattle
Sunday, Jan. 25
• Tet/Chinese New Year Celebration
Emerald Queen Casino
2024 East 29th St., Tacoma
• Gung Hay Fat Choy!
The Ying Yong Tong, Vovinam, and International Lion Dance Team will be dancing and parading around Chinatown/ID District to bring prosperity, happiness, and healthy to all the businesses and residents of the community
Monday, Jan. 26
• “Prejudice and Pride, the Faces of Executive Order 9066”
Kobo Gallery at Higo
602 South Jackson St., Seattle
Mon.–Sat., 11 a.m.–6 p.m.
Sun., 12 p.m.–5 p.m.
Tuesday, Jan. 27
• Seattle Asian Art Museum Press Preview for Garden and Cosmos
Seattle Art Museum
1400 East Prospect St., Seattle
RSVP by Jan. 22 to Nicole at
• Uwajimaya’s cooking class, “Dim Sum with Naomi Kakiuchi”
15555 NE 24th St., Bellevue
Register online at www.nuculinary.com
Saturday, Jan. 31
• Taiwan Chamber of Commerce
2040 Westlake Ave. N., Seattle
• NWAW, SCP, and Seattle Art Museum presents "A Quick and Fun Lunar Art Activity" as a part of Seattle Chinatown/International District's Lunar New Year Celebration 2009
NW Asian Weekly/Seattle Chinese Post lobby
412 Maynard Ave. S., Seattle
• Lunar New Year Celebration 2009 – Year of the Ox Presented by Snoqualmie Casino
Hing Hay Park
411 Maynard Ave. S., Seattle
11 a.m–4 p.m.
• UW Music: Wendy Yamashita, visiting artist recital
Brechemin Auditorium at UW campus
Saturday, Jan. 24
• Children’s Film Festival Seattle 2009
“The Red Jacket,” directed by Yalin Zou
Northwest Film Forum
1515 12th Ave., Seattle
Jan. 24 at 3:30 p.m.
Jan. 26 at 3 p.m.
Jan. 28 at 7 p.m.
Jan. 31 at 5:30 p.m.
• 2009 NWCS Chinese New Year Celebration
Northwest Chinese School, at Washington Technical College
11605 132nd Ave N.E., Kirkland
• Chinese Sumi Painting
14500 Juanita Dr. N.E., Kenmore
10 a.m.–5 p.m.
• Tony Ng’s origami artwork on display
13646 Northeast 24th St., Bellevue
• First Time Home Buyer Class by Thach Nguyen
Jefferson Park Community Center
3801 Beacon Ave. S., Seattle
10 a.m.–12 p.m.
RSVP to 206-334-8773 or to
• Introduction to Buddhism Seminar
Seattle Nichiren Buddhist Temple
1042 South Weller St., Seattle
9 a.m.–5 p.m.
$20 pre-registered, $25 at the door
Rev. Kanjin Cederman, 206-323-2252
Wednesday, Jan. 28
• Running Start/Puget Sound Early College meeting
Federal Way Regional Library
34200 First Way S., Federal Way
Friday, Jan. 30
• Women in Power: Nonprofits and Community Organizations
China Harbor Restaurant
2040 Westlake Ave. N., Seattle
11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
For directions, 206-286-1688
• UW World Series presents Peking Acrobats
Meany Hall on the UW Campus
$40 per adult
$20 per student and child
• Chinese Information & Service Center cordially invites you to attend our Chinese New Year party for the Elderly and Volunteer Recognition
New Hong Kong Seafood Restaurant
900 South Jackson St., Seattle
12 p.m–2 p.m.