HOW DO YOU EXPRESS THE LUNAR NEW YEAR?
Last updated 12-31-08 at 12:24 p.m.
Visualize the upcoming year in your mind. Is it bright? Is it colorful?
Do you see the zodiac, or do you see a parade? Well, create it! Whether
on paper, on the computer, with a camera, or with clay — be creative
and original! Those are our only criteria. There is no age-limit either.
Anyone can participate!
Send in high quality photos or images of your Lunar New Year inspired
art to us and be in the running for some top-notch prizes. You may e-mail
them to us at
firstname.lastname@example.org or mail them to:
Northwest Asian Weekly
Art Contest Submission
412 Maynard Ave. S.
Seattle, WA 98104
• Color preferred, but B&W artwork is more than welcomed
• Mailed submissions need to not exceed 8 1/2” x 11”
• E-mailed image attachments should be files about 1 MB in size.
Prizes to the winners will be:
• Memberships to the Seattle Aquarium or the Seattle Art Museum
• Passes to the Wing Luke Asian Museum
• Gift certificates to Asian supermarkets and restaurants
• Deadline for entries: Jan. 30
• Finalists will be announced: Feb. 12
• Winners will be announced: Feb. 19
Submissions received through the mail will not be returned back to
artists. Northwest Asian Weekly reserves the right to print any submission